RE: RE: RE: RE: Cam swap break in?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 10:00:26 EDT

Sam:

On a brand new install with cam/lifters (and using the break-in lube
that comes with most of the hyd/roller kits) yes...there is some
break-in (about 10 minutes). If you're just changing the cam without
changing the lifters, then there really isn't a break-in period.
However, run it for a about 5 minutes, vary the rpm's up and down, make
sure you've got oil pressure, shut it down, change the oil, be done with
it.

On the procedure...my bad, I posted the wrong one.

- Bernd

(BTW: Say "Hi" to Dave for me.) ;)