Re: Brakes

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 11:47:39 EDT

I just checked the JC Whitney website and they have the rotors for my truck
there but they don't list the ceramic brake pads for anything older than a
99. UGH! I have a 98! They do have titanium pads listed for my truck at $30
a set. anybody know if these are any good? Do they make more/less/no brake
dust than stock OEM pads? I know I'm going to have to dive into my brakes
soon as I'm starting to feel some pulsation in the pedal and a slight
steering wheel vibration under braking. I really can't complain too much, I
got over 88K miles on the truck and have only had to replace the front pads
once and have never had to get the rotors turned even. Well, at least if I
need new rotors, I can get them from Whitney for $77/side. On a side note,
I just got my JBA power cables Monday and if the weather holds out, this
Saturday, I plan on installing the wires, new cap, rotor and a set of
Autolites.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE