no heat?

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 19:15:42 EST

Well, since it's coming to winter time, I changed my 180 tstat out for the
stock 195 on Saturday..... Driving to work today, and home, it still does
not seem to warm up very much.. Actually, it stays pretty much in the same
temp range as it did previously (I'm pretty sure it was a 180 in
there....)... Anyway, I spend about 15 min on the highway, and another
15-20 minutes mixed city.. 45mph and stoplights.... If I turn my heater
on at setting 1 or 2, I'll get somewhat warm air for about 30 seconds, then
it gets pretty cold, where I'd rather just leave it off.. this is after
I've been driving for 15-20 minutes... It did this all last winter, but I
figured it was due to the 180 t-stat... I'm not 100% sure on my Coolant
level since I have changed my gauges in the last year, and haven't verified
the numbers, but I can hook up my OBD-2 reader to verify it after the engine
warms up.... Anyway, any thoughts on why this might be happening?? If my
gauges are right, I'm running about 180 on the high end... I know
someones going to mention maybe the tstat is stuck open, but I kinda think
it isn't, since this was going on with my old tstat as well.... guess 1st
thing is to verify my coolant level readings......

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L