Re: Spark Plugs/wires WAS:Tuned Up

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 22:44:37 EST

Kevin Sellstrom wrote:

> Why is it that everyone likes the Autolite's? What kind of improvements
> do they give?

They're cheap and just plain work great. Slightly shorter replacement
interval but when it's $10 for 8 it's not so bad replacing them every 12K.

> While I was at it, I managed to tear the end off one of the Mopar plug
> wires...time for new/better ones. what have people had good experience
> with? MSD (who only sell a universal set for these engines), Mopar
> Performance, etc?

My MSD set was specific to my engine, not "universal" by any means - the
Summit guy wouldn't sell the '97 Dak 5.2L set for me to put on my '99
Dak 5.2L, he had a different part number for me. Call up Summit,
they'll hook you up. But if you go any bigger than OEM, get a new set
of wire looms.