Re: New Fan

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 15:00:38 EST

Andy, I think your right. With this Howe radiator
the fan covers at least 80 percent. I'm sure the test
will come this summer, so I'm a little skeptical until
then.

George

Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 23:31:09 -0500
From: andy levy <andylevy@yahoo.com>

John, I think part of our problem was the area the BM covers. We're
moving air over at best 60% of the radiator with the BM, which just
isn't enough. I think 2800 CFM could be enough air, moving across the
radiator, *provided* that it covered 80% or more of the radiator's area.

But yeah, bigger is still better if your electrical system can handle
the load.

John Neff wrote:
> The Flex-a-lite BM 150 moves 2800 CFM, but isn't enough for the 5.2 or
5.9L
> engines in stop and go traffic in the summer. If you want a serious
electric
> fan, look at the fan out of the Lincoln Mk VIII. It moves 4000 CFM, draws
> 110 amps at start up, and will blow the Hayden fan control modules.
Nominal