Winter Weight Question

From: DakotaJohn (jkp61@horizonview.net)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 02:36:28 EST

 I had a question for the people that have been putting weight in their 2wd
Daks for the winter. About how much weight have you been using? This will be
the first winter in my 2K 2wd, (last yr had a 4wd and didn't need it), and I
was hoping for some ideas. This past week I built the little wheelwell box
and put in about 320lbs. It did seem to affect the handling a little bit and
kind of made the rear squat, but I had no noticeable improvement in traction
in the rainstorm we just had last night, so I don't think it is going to
help in the winter weather!!! Any ideas? Thanks, John
p.s. Also I hope my new handle 'DakotaJohn" doesn't bother anyone, when my
wife set up our new mail program she changed mine to that and didn't tell
me. I was trying to figure out who was writing since I didn't see jkp61 show
up anymore!