Re: Got the Dak back!

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 17:56:32 EST

> found that my tierods are loose as all hell. I have a sever pop/bang
> when I turn the wheel in any direction, even while stopped... espcially
> while making turns. I don' know how long its going to hold out! I can't
> afford to replace them right now!

Ummm... I don't mean to sound like your parents or anything, but how much
is your safety really worth? Steering is a Good Thing. Have you ever
stopped to consider what exactly would happen if you snapped a steering
linkage while going down the road? It can happen, and it has happened
(just ask Norah). This was what prompted me to get mine fixed.

I mean really... about all you can do is hit the brakes and brace for
impact. I remember in driver's ed that they spent a whole week talking
about what to do if the brakes go out (I took it in high school, and they
had to drag five weeks of actual material out to fill a whole semester, so
everything took much longer than it needed to). But they never mentioned
what to do if the steering goes out. I think because they realized
there's nothing you *can* do, and they didn't want to even talk about it.

Anyway, I'd suggest to think about getting it looked at. Just my opinion,
of course.

Jason