Re: Brakes worked for me, TG !!!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 15:36:24 EST

At 10:30 AM 11/12/02 -0800, you wrote:
>Glad to hear you came out of it all right, with no
>real damage to the Dak. Good thing you hit the
>restroom before that run ;-) So how did ya run on that
>run, or did you not even bother with the time slip :-) Ed

I ran a 14.76@93.84. I left the stock belt on (instead of short
belting) and used the 14x3 open K&N (instead of the ram air
box). That's so if anything went wrong (HA :-) ), I'd have
power steering and could get the air cleaner off quicker.

Temps. were high 50s and humidity began at 50% and rose
to 70%. Had a beaut of tailwind (20 mph) though but wasted
because the baro. pressure was 29.3" (never run with one
that low). Launch pad was just awful.

Best was on the last run with a 14.50. I did set a pb trap
speed of 95.92 mph, beat a SC Cavalier twice in a row
and had a 200hp shot Corvette just before me demolish
his front end (squashed and pushed back) when he wouldn't
lift and hit both walls!

BTW, I went to washroom right after I got back to pit area too :-)

Bob