Re: Water pump just went

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 04:01:05 EST

No the water pump is realitivly easy to replace. Only thing I suggest
you o it take good care and keep track of everythin you do. When
removing the drive belt and accessories - make sure you take note of how
they go back together. I made teh mistake of not doing that with my 2wd
89 when its water pump went ou. I got it back together yes... but it
took me longer because I was not organized.

Use a good quality high temp silicon gasket sealer when you reapply the
pump to the engine block.

Its auctually easier on a 6 cyl than an 8 - especially in the Gen III
trucks - more room up front to work.

--
Terrible Tom

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa)

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/