Weird noises

From: jay & dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 18:02:11 EST

For anyone that has had their front wheel bearings, belt tensioner, or water
pump go out on them,
was there a certain sound that happened before they bit-it ? The reason I
ask is that lately my 97, 4x4 has been making slight squeaking or whistling
sounds when I'm moving slowly before I come to a stop. I'm not touching the
brakes, it happens whether I'm going straight or turning, in gear or in
neutral. I can't figure out where the sound is coming from but it happens
off and on.

TIA
Jay