Re: Weird noises

From: Joe B. (JoeB327@aol.com)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 20:58:24 EST

havenx@ksni.net ("Danny L. Burrows") wrote in
news:3DD6DC1A.E061EF9E@ksni.net:

Jay,
Is the noise engine rpm related or is it driveline rpm related? The reason
I ask is because I have had a intermittent "squeak" for over 3 years in my
99 4x4 CC. It was driveline rpm related. Seemed to be more noticible in the
colder weather. Brought it in several times under warranty, but the noise
never happened when in for service. I could never pinpoint exactly where
the noise was coming from, seemed like the front axle area. To make this
story short, it is the CV joint in the front drive shaft, must be going dry
(no grease). I shot some grease in the joint with one of those "needle
Point" adapters for your grease gun and have not had the squeak ever since.
Not saying this is your "noise" but worth checking out.
Joe B.