RE: CAR & DRIVER Road Test - What a load of Crap

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 09:49:34 EST

@#()*@$(#*@(#*@(*#(@*#!*!@!_#!#_#

It is the same with trying to compare a huff-n-puff Z06 Vette to the new
Viper. The gearing was change in-order to compete with the new Viper that
retains the 3.08:1 rear gears. The Vette when approaching 151MPH is out of
wind. Even the new Neon can push to 153MPH. LOL

Chevy are start becoming more like Jap cars with no torque and using gearing
to compensate for the lost torque and sacrifice the top end speed.

I have to laugh at such crap but there are at least two auto mags will
publish the gearing information and top-end speed for the consumer. Though,
we as normal city drivers would never see that speed (with the exception of
driving from SF to SD), it still resourceful for the educated auto
enthusiast.

It is the same with the latest Toy Tundra ads, go and read the fine print
and note the crap they seemed to publishing.

--------------------------------------
Steven St.Laurent
C4I System Engineer
Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, U.S. Marine Corps
Office (760) 725-2506 (DSN Prefix: 365)
"<SNIP> Though, reading through history fables,
some would claim the City of Damascus is the oldest
city in the world. I thought it was Enoch, grandson of Cain,
who founded the city of Enoch long before this city was
ever resurrected from the dust bowls of the middle east."