Re: Battery Temp Sensor Mod

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 20:59:41 EST

<<Sorry to bust in on your thread, but whats up with the BTS? AutoXray
gives me a temp for the battery and its always different from the air temp.
Where is it getting the battery temp. I'm pretty sure I don't have a sensor
anywhere that I've seen.
mm>>

The BTS is located in the bottom of the battery tray. It is a little black
"button" looking sensor that sits in the bottom of the tray. It reads the
temperature of the battery so the computer can adjust the charging amprage so
the battery doesn't get too hot and boil over. It will read different from
the air temp b/c a battery gets hot as it is used b/c of the chemical
reactions that take place. If need be I can scan the page in my FSM that
shows the BTS in the battery tray. HTH

The other Will