Re: Re: Need advice on big road trip

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 17:30:25 EST

Josh Battles wrote:
> You probably already know about this trick but...
> When you're entering a new state, stop at the first rest area (the "welcome
> to our state" one) and there will usually be a map on the wall somewhere
> showing what's under construction.

You should also be able to get that information online from each state's
DMV or DOT or equivalent. I don't think I've seen much of that kind of
information entering PA on I-81 south, so it's definitely hit & miss per
state.

I have MS MapPoint installed and it can download construction data
automatically. Jason, when you decide on your final route I can plug it
in and get details on the construction all along the way if you want.