Re: Warped Brake Rotors....Fact or Myth?

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 21:29:51 EST

Brake rotors warp,period. The guy admits that turning
a rotor takes care of the problem for a while,then it
comes back? That`s basically saying that warpage is
the problem,turning it corrects the warpage,but then
it warps again,so it`s not warpage that`s the problem!
DUH. He`s hopped-up on them Fruit Loops. Steve P.
--- raymond.irons@gm.com wrote:

> I have over 90K miles on my Dak still on the
> original brake rotors although
> I have changed the pads once since I bought the
> truck. I'm starting to feel
> some slight pulsation in the steering when I get on
> the brakes moderately
> hard so I started searching for information on new
> brake rotors and pads.
> Since most of the folks on the DML have recommended
> Powerslot rotors and
> Raybestos ceramic pads, I wanted to go looking for
> an inexpensive source.
> While in the midst of my search, I stumbled across
> this article and it has
> me wondering if I should go with the powerslots and
> raybestos setup or just
> stick with the OEM equipment and follow the breakin
> procedures described in
> the article. I'd like for ya'll to read over this
> and let me know what you
> think. It does make for some interesting reading and
> I'm willing to bet,
> it's gonna start some very interesting discussions.
>

> Thanks
>
> Ray Irons,
> Dover, DE
>
> Link to article:

http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/warped_rotors_myth.htm

=====
2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport RC,Flame Red/4.7L V8/45RFE auto/3.92 limited-slip/16" aluminum wheels/Infinity CD-cassette system.