Warped Brake Rotors....Fact or Myth?

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 09:19:34 EST

I have over 90K miles on my Dak still on the original brake rotors although
I have changed the pads once since I bought the truck. I'm starting to feel
some slight pulsation in the steering when I get on the brakes moderately
hard so I started searching for information on new brake rotors and pads.
Since most of the folks on the DML have recommended Powerslot rotors and
Raybestos ceramic pads, I wanted to go looking for an inexpensive source.
While in the midst of my search, I stumbled across this article and it has
me wondering if I should go with the powerslots and raybestos setup or just
stick with the OEM equipment and follow the breakin procedures described in
the article. I'd like for ya'll to read over this and let me know what you
think. It does make for some interesting reading and I'm willing to bet,
it's gonna start some very interesting discussions.

Thanks

Ray Irons,
Dover, DE

Link to article: