Toy Dak

From: DakotaJohn (jkp61@horizonview.net)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 08:06:30 EST

  For those of you Dakota owners that like diecast we don't have much of a
selection for Dakotas. But I thought I would share this in case anyone wants
to make their own. I think everyone has heard of or seen the 1/64th scale
Muscle Machine Stampeders with the Dakota CC and QC body. I found 2 the
other day that were even close to my Amber Fire color. The body comes off
real easy. One screw holds the motor drive tires and chassis and 2 screws
hold the heavy metal frame and bumpers. Once you remove that you have a real
nice body to work with. I have made 2 so far, I used one chassis from a Cuda
Muscle machine and another chassis from Matchbox p/u with rubber tires. The
chassis' I have found so far do have to be modified some, but they look
really neat when you get done. I am sure there are probably closer fitting
chassis' out there, but I got tired of looking. Just an idea I wanted to
share with everyone, a good winter project! John