Re: Another Weird noise problem

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 11:18:29 EST

Hey, Kevin,

<snip>It sounds like a bad wheel bearing or wind whistling through a window
It never gets louder as I go faster or hit the brakes (which are good too).
<snip>

You sure about the brakes? Sounds like a "squeaker," to me. Maybe one pad
has worn
more than the other or the "squeaker" bracket(?), itself, is deformed &
making rotor contact prematurely.
Also, check the position of the small dust shield behind the rotor. I had
one deform somehow, maybe
a stone or some other road debris musta got stuck up in between the rotor &
the dust shield & distorted it
enough that part of it made contact with the rotor. I couldn't figger out
what it was until I jacked up the DAKSY & rotated the front wheels by
hand...made a kinda metallic grinding sound...I just grabbed a pair of
needlenose pliers & bent it back away from the rotor...
My .02K...HTH....

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed