Re: Dyno #s - YO BOB!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 12:51:19 EST

At 09:16 AM 11/28/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Bob - I've got the same problem. At 145K miles now and have noticed
>this same white chalky crud accumulating on the high voltage connections.
>Replaced coil w/MSD's new factory replacement (pn 8228), changed plugs,
>cap & rotor.

Thanks for the feedback, Shane. Appreciate it.

I was using the Accel Supercoil for the most part but did switch back
to the stock coil when my high rpm bucking problem became more
frequent.

Is this MSD coil a plug and play? I haven't been keeping up with
the newer products.

>Problem still exists but not quite as bad. Accumulation is mostly
>on coil HV contact at both the coil and cap, near plug and cap of
>rear cylinders. This makes me think that it is related to engine load.
>Perhaps my MP 7.5 wires are going bad.

I use the MP wires as well. Put a new set along with plugs, cap
and rotor at the start of the track season this year. Past history
is that they've lasted me through 2 racing seasons before the contacts
showed burn marks.

The crud was all of the contacts in the cap on mine. I agree that
it's load related.

>Have a new set of MSD 8.5mm wires that I just haven't put on yet.
>Was thinking possibly moisture related also as we have had lots
>of that lately - also just moved to So. MS which is a much more
>humid environment. Will keep you posted. Shane

Would appreciate it. Let me know how tight a fit it is at the cap with
those wires.

>ps - I did an inj test and found each injector within 5% of each other
>even after 145K miles!

That's great. I tried the FMS 19#s but found that I was over-taxing
them on the track more so than with the stock ones. The engine
did not seem to like the FMS on the street. Must be the different
spray pattern.

Manual calculations indicate that I'm beyond the recommended
duty cycle on both sets of injectors. I've tried the FMS 24#s
but cannot run WOT with them (bogging big time). I'm kind of
looking at the 21#ers (red caps).

Bob