Re: Rough Running 91

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 23:06:43 EST

> I have a 91 Dakota, 2wd, ext cab, 3.9 Throttle body EFI that does not want
> to run smoothly just off idle up to about 1400 rpm.
Hmm...this is a good one...
Dirty injector? Carbon on a valve/burned valve? Fuel pressure? Air leak at
TB/manifold or intake/head?
I would check the ignition system. It sounds like maybe a bad
plug/wire/cap/rotor. I know, they are new, but I've seen a car with new
plugs not start. Change them and all is well. Think "outside the box". New
stuff can fail sometimes.
If all is well there, I would look for an air leak somewhere. Get out the
soapy water.
I'm more at home with a big block and a dual point distributor or small
block with electronic ignition and carb.
I realize I'm not being very specific, but online, it's tough to diagnose
anything.
I'm sure folks on here will be able to do better than I.
Good luck,

Jon
STL MO