dml: shift indicator light question

From: victor.williams@byers.com
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 23:20:03 EST

All,
Anybody know how the shift indicator light gets the message to light up and
why mind is messed up?
I got a 1995 NV3500 5sp that was a 318 but a I upgraded to a 360 taken from
a RAM. I was using the 318 ecm and the indicator light worked fine with
it.
I found a ecm from a 1995 5 speed 360 RAM and put it in.
The only differences I can notice it that it idles a little better but the
shift indicator light only works in 4 gear..it stays on all the time when
in 5th gear if any throttle is open at all. Let off on the pedal and the
light goes out..no light at all in 1st,2nd or 3rd gears.

Any useful ideas ?

Victor Williams Marietta,GA
1995 CC Sport,was a 5.2l now a 5.9l,MP sp intake,5sp,LSD,K&N dropin,Jardine
catback,Flowmaster70,Jacobs ign.