Re: Re: RE: No Heat?

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 22:45:35 EST

Hey, Gary,

<snip> I'm having a problem with my heater on my 98. For the life of me I
cant
 get heat in the cab<snip>

The only thing I can add to all the previous responses, is to check your
coolant level.
I have had instances of the temp gage reading normal - but still no cab
heat - caused by low coolant level.
Evidently there just wasn't enuff to flow thru the heater hoses. The problem
went away when I added 50-50 coolant H2O mix to the proper level in the
reservoir.
 'Course this WAS in a company Chebby (GAKH!), & maybe our beloved DAKS are
different, but it may be worth a shot.
I'm running a 180 & I get plenty of heat from the DAKSY's V6, & the outside
temp is in the low teens...

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed