Re: Re: RE: No Heat?

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 20:38:49 EST

> 195 thermostats sre only to reduce emissions. Until smog
> rules came out NO cars had more than a 180 degree thermostat and many used a
> 160.
I hate to disagree, but I must.
I've driven Dodges and Plymouths since 74, and my 65 Sports Fury called for
a 192 deg stat. So did Dad's 66 Coronet and 70 Challenger, my 72 and 73
Chargers. No real smog stuff on those. Heck his 57 and 59 Furys called for
a 192. I've not seen a MoPar that DIDN'T call for a 192, unless it was for
extreme/ racing use.

Jon
STL MO