Re: Dec. 7th 1941

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 22:45:32 EST

Mallett, Donald B said:

> My thoughts and prayers go to the men and women that give their lives on
> this date in 1941 for our country.
>
> Don Mallett

Amen.

If you've never actually heard the audio clip of President Roosevelt's
"Day of Infamy" speech, I highly recommend listening to it. Even if you
have, here's one link (I'm sure it's archived elsewhere as well):

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/pearlharbor_intro.html

Several years ago my grandmother made a tape for me and my brother at
Christmas time where she tried to give us an idea of the times she had
lived through. Old music, radio shows, etc. She included that speech on
there. Even at that age, it had quite an impact on me. Still does. In
fact, that was on my mind a lot in the days after Sept. 11: "not again..."

I'm glad to see some of us still remember Pearl Harbor. It's one of the
many days that should never be forgotten.

Jason