Re: Dec. 7th 1941

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 23:49:32 EST

On Sat, 07 Dec 2002 22:45:32 Jason Bleazard wrote:

> here's one link (I'm sure it's archived elsewhere as well):

Okay, sorry about that. Maybe one of these days I'll learn to actually
test links before posting them. When you try to listen to the speech, you
get something about the baseball strike.

No thanks to ABC News.

I did come across a page during my search that I quite enjoyed, though.
Even despite all the Tripod popup crap.

http://warbirdsofww2.tripod.com/downloads.htm

In addition to Roosevelt's speech, it has sound and video clips of several
of the old war birds.

(On an almost totally unrelated topic... is it just me, or did the
starship in the opening scene of Star Wars II sound an awful lot like a
B-17, or maybe a de Haviland Mosquito?)

Jason