Re: RE: Let the DML down

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 21:29:42 EST

Check out my entry on www.dragtruk.com if you want a LIST of bolt ons you
can do.

TonyC (Tony Cellana)
13.489 @ 99.8

-----Original Message-----
From: kenallgood@cox.net <kenallgood@cox.net>
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
Date: Monday, December 09, 2002 1:56 PM
Subject: DML: RE: Let the DML down

>Ahhh.. just as I was thinking... I'm about all done with the bolt-ons,
now I get to really screw the engine up =D

>Well, glad I just bought that FSM.. time to start making some use outta
it.. hehe

>>Ken-- you need an M1-- a set of 1.7 rockers, headers... those will help...
N02 ain't bad either--- :)

>>Sam
>>

>> From: <kenallgood@cox.net>
>> Date: 2002/12/09 Mon AM 10:15:11 EST
>> To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
>> Subject: DML: Let the DML down
>>

>> Arrrgghhh... sorry to say, I let yall down.... so read on, and maybe you
can help me in my dilema :-)

>> Driving home from my singles group last night, pulled up next to a early
90's Crustang 5.0 LX at a light.. 55mph speed limit on this road, so you
know we're going at it :-)

>> Anyway... Off the line, we went.. he spun his tires a little bit and I
got a small jump on him (didn't power brake either for good launch, so it
about evened itself out).. Anyway, nose-to-nose up to 45, and then he
started pulling away.. 55 he has a 1/2 carlength on me, 65 he has about 1.5
carlengths on me when I pull up... Was hoping I would do better on the top
end with the recently added F&B 50mm TB, but, I guess not too bad seeing it
was a 5.0 which they run about 14.00... my best guesstimate on my 1/4 time
is 15.00.. but anywhere, here's my list of mods:

>> Last time at track: 15.8 (with strong headwind at VMP, only time i've
been to track) - Mods at time: Quick-D Intake, Hypertech PCM, Gibson
Catback.

>> Now, in addition to the above - F&B 50mm TB, Accel Ignition system, IAS
adjuster (was not in use at time, around 35-40deg outside), Mopar PCM
(CA-emmissions model - used in conjunction with the hypertech PCM)...

>> First thing I need to do I think, is go on a dyno with the stock PCM,
check my numbers.. then the Hypertech and check numbers, then the Mopar PCM,
then both.... see where I get my best numbers at... Maybe I can pick up
10-15hp in the right setup there...

>> After that, my thoughts are Trans-go shift kit, Headers...ummmm not
really sure after that... I'm not really in the market for a Supercharger,
nor do I want to go with nitrous.. want it to be NA all the way, and would
possibly like to get around 14.0 or even high 13's, though I don't think
that's very likely?? Not without spending lotta $$$$... oh SRT-8, I cannot
wait!

>> 1 more thing - with my 15.8 time and when racing the crustang, that was
with a weight of around 4400lbs (120 lb speakers/zmp/box, hitch, spare all
on)... So I can get maybe .2 there at the track