Re: Need help determining connection fittings

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 06:23:17 EST

Morning Chris!
      I looked at my truck last night and I found out what you need to
know. If you stand at the front of the truck and look at the passengers
side valve cover, at the rear is the PCV valve and the hose for it goes to
a nipple on the intake manifold just above where I think you found the
unplugged fitting. On the drivers side valve cover, in the rear should be a
fitting that looks like the PCV valve but is just a elbow for some kind of
vent. I think DC calls this the make up air hose. This hose goes from that
90 deg. elbow to the rear of the air hat. Its about the same size as the
hose for the PCV valve and if yours is missing, its available from autozone
for about 98 cents a foot.

HTH,

Ray Irons
Dover, DE