Need help determining connection fittings

From: Chris Reck (Roadkill47@attbi.com)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 17:07:26 EST

I was just cleaning the K&N, replacing plugs and wires and noticed two
places where it looks like a fitting of some sort is missing.

The first one is on the air hat covering the Throttle Body. There is what
looks like a sampling tube built in to the back of the air hat. I vaguely
remember something being on that before I put the K&N on last year. I could
be mistaken. Is this where the IAT sensor goes?

The second one is on the Intake Manifold on the passenger side of the
engine. When standing at the passenger front wheel, it is the lower left
connection. It looks like a rubber hose fits over this one.

I have not noticed any problems with the vehicle other than a drop in gas
mileage since the K&N filter. About 2-3 MPG (Down from 21 highway to
18-19).

--
Thanks!

Chris Reck Chicagoland, IL

'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 V6 (Deep Amethyst) Autolite 3923, 7.5mm Bosch plug wires, Jet Stage 1 Chip, Custom K&N 6x9 air intake, Rancho RSX shocks (4), Pioneer full audio system, BF Goodrich 32x11.5r15 T/A KO tires