RE:Dakota with a gooseneck??

From: victor.williams@byers.com
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 12:43:48 EST

>Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:14:14 -0800
>From: "Mr. Plow" <adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com>
>Subject: DML: Dakota with a gooseneck??
>

>So, i'm wondering if the Dakota could handle a hidden gooseneck type of
>hitch in the bed?
>(If you don't know what a gooseneck is, please don't respond to this
thread,
>i need some solid opinions on this)

Camping World has a hidden gooseneck hitch available - they also have a
gooseneck to 5th wheel adapter.

http://campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=21066
"Space-saving hitch won't take up your entire truck bed! Innovative
gooseneck hitch features a removable hitch ball. Solid steel main plate
installs easily underneath the truck bed. Heavy-duty ball plate tightens
securely inside the bed with included leverage bar. 2 5/16" ball spins off
to allow full use of truck bed when not towing. Accommodates bed liners.
Rated at 30,000 lbs. Wt. 105-108 lbs. "

Maybe its for a full size Dodge but it could work. Along if there is enough
room for the steel plate.

A few years ago I met a Canadian in a Florida campground pulling a small
5th wheel with a SLT V6 and he liked it a lot.

Victor Williams
Marietta Ga
1995 CC Sport,was a 5.2l now a 5.9l,MP sp intake,180 thermostat,Flowkooler,
5sp,LSD,K&N dropin,Jardine catback,Flowmaster70,Jacobs ign.