Missing Connection Fitting (Found problem)

From: Chris Reck (Roadkill47@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 16:17:53 EST

The hose that I found was missing was the Crankcase Breather Hose. This
came off the back of the air hat to the drivers side Valve Cover (behind the
Oil Fill Cap).

The hose was laying across the top of the intake manifold not linked to
anything. It has been this way for the last 15,000 miles or so. What sort
of issues am I looking forward to because of this goof?

P.S. I'm still trying to find out what the other connection is for on the
passenger side of the Intake Manifold. The one for the PCV sensor is hooked
up, but there is a second fitting right next to it. Is this normal to be
unplugged?

--
Thanks again for everyone's help!

Chris Reck Chicagoland, IL

'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 V6 (Deep Amethyst) Autolite 3923, 7.5mm Bosch plug wires, Jet Stage 1 Chip, Custom K&N 6x9 air intake, Rancho RSX shocks (4), Pioneer full audio system, BF Goodrich 32x11.5r15 T/A KO tires