RE: Help needed

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@attbi.com)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 09:10:58 EST

Agree with Jon
Rascal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of Jon N.
Benignus
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 8:46 AM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: Re: DML: Help needed

> When I start driving the pressure is ok, but at the next traffic light
the
> pressure goes down again.
Sounds normal to me. Lower pressure at idle, higher pressure at higher
rpm.
The pressure shouldn't stay high all the time. Are you using anything
thinner than 10W40? if so, that could cause low pressure at idle.
Now, if the pressure drops WAY low, then you may have a problem. Are you
using a Fram filter? If so, CHUCK IT and install a Wix, Purolator or
Motorcraft. MUCH better quality. Frams are junk.
Last week a friend was complaining about his Ferd Ranger being suddenly
noisy. He was getting his oil changed at the local quick lube. I
suggested
he change the filter, his may be defective. He did, problem solved.
You may also have a bad sending unit if there is nothing wrong with the
engine.
The pressure on my 92 V6 will fluctuate from idle to cruise, then higher
if
I downshift.
Keep us posted on any results.
HTH