Park Brake Adjuster Hook

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 01:20:36 EST

The adjuster hook for my park brake cable managed to bend itself straight,
and of course come whipping loose after I applied it, along with a huge
bang. The stupid thing scared the living crap out of me when it let go, I
thought I would look under the truck to see my drive shaft lying on the
ground or something.

Anyway, I'm trying to confirm where the thing needs to hook to. The hole in
the frame rail that my Haynes manual says to hook it in leaves the cable WAY
too slack. Is it possible that the sudden release of tension messed up the
lever in the drums? I'm taking the rear drums apart tomorrow anyway, but if
someone could be so kind as to crawl under their GenII 4x2 for a second and
let me know which hole in the frame it should be hooked to, I would much
appreciate it. In case you don't know, the adjuster is directly underneath
your catalytic converter.

Thanks in advance.