RE: Rattling noise in engine compartment when started cold

From: Tim Althoff (talthoff@yllwdkta.com)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 12:55:52 EST

I think I have the same thing as you are describing. Mine is definitely not
the cat! it is the motor or an accessory. mine lasts for about +/-5
seconds. it starts immediately after the cold start and then speeds up with
the idle and the slows down and then goes away. I am thinking its in the
valve train but have yet looked into it. is this what you are describing?

Tim Althoff
www.yllwdkta.com