Re: Rattling noise in engine compartment when started cold

From: jay & dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 12:25:10 EST

What part of the tensioner or pulley should you spray with lube? I'm
thinking that you wouldn't want any excess spray to fly off onto the
serpentine belt. Sir Ron always said "Make sure not to get ANY liquid on
the serpentine belt as it will deteriorate quickly". What is the best kind
of lube ?

Jay

> Yup I had a similar experience with the belt tensioner I just replaced the
> pulley. Did the belt while I was at it. Could be your tensioner or
pulley slowly going out. Turn on