Re: Nitrous legality question

From: Wayne (blowndakota@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 13:14:32 EST

Greg, You have to check your local laws but keep this
in mind. Nitrous is non-flamable and the bottle
pressure is about one third of a a full scuba tank
which is legal to carry just about anyway you want.
GA and NJ used to have laws against its use but SEMA
was working to get them repealed. I do not know what
the outcome was. I can also tell you at Cecil County
Dragway in Maryland, there is usually a cop there on
Friday nights and there are plenty of street cars and
trucks with a bottle in plain view and I have never
heard of anyone getting hassled including myself.
Good luck