Re: Pictures Of Damage

From: Bill Day (bill@daysdomain.com)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2002 - 10:06:31 EST

Tom, this is twice. right?
there is a program out called HomeWatcher that works with and PC Camera you
have Install it and it will take regular snapshots and even a video. Set
itup to watch the driveway and maybe even add a little illimunation to to
the drive for better pics...

Maybe third time(dont want it to happen, but it might) is a charm.

I have a comp near window or just plug the usb cam into my laptop and run
the program. Since I run my own webserver locally, I can get stream video
off of my driveway and post to my own webserver. otherwise use an outside
ftp and upload still images ..

HomeWatcher also has motion Sensing software which can be adjusted for wind,
cloud movements etc... I have given copies of my driveway video(which
included neighbors house) to the police a year or so back when some vandals
nailed their xmas decoration and damaged their car/truck tires

They were caught and I got pulled in to the trial bout 9 months ago as the
defense lawyer wanted to know where the video came from.. They're spending
this xmas in jail 8-)

Bill Day

Linux 2.2.20-1tr i586
  8:10am up 16 days, 23:11, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
We're still up at irc.openprojects.net @ #linux-users
or irc.freenode.net @ #linux-users
http://counter.li.org #83358
http://sxs.daysdomain.com/