RE: Auto Locks... & security system add on

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@directvinternet.com)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2002 - 09:28:01 EST

The dealer has to use their tool for the auto locks. There is no way
around it. The security system is sold as an accessory so it's not a
problem to add. I believe you need to buy the security module and the
wiring harness to hook it up. It's nothing different than what they
include in the trucks with the security system added except you don't
get the micro chipped keys. That's a good thing since I have been told
by a couple of dealers that they have had a lot of problems with them.
Most dealer will tell you they need to install the kit but I did get a
peek at a set of instruction for it and it seemed straight forward.
Can't remember is the dealer needs to code anything though.

Jeff Durling