RE: 4.56 the max for 9.25"?

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Dec 23 2002 - 02:19:44 EST

> -----Original Message-----
 My problem is where to get a speedometer
> pinion gear for the 4.56 :-(
> Bob

For speedometer gear info, check out this link at TCI.....
http://www.tciauto.com/tech_info/speedo_gears.htm

It has info on torqueflites near the bottom of the page and a handy
calculator to determine the correct number of teeth you'll need on the
speedo gear.

Mine came out to 40.22 teeth so I got the 40 tooth gear. I should have
gotten the 41 as my speedo still reads a little fast. When you know which
one you want I can get the part # for you from the dealer.

RayB