RE: 4.56 the max for 9.25"?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Dec 23 2002 - 08:05:55 EST

At 02:19 AM 12/23/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Mine came out to 40.22 teeth so I got the 40 tooth gear. I should have
>gotten the 41 as my speedo still reads a little fast. When you know which
>one you want I can get the part # for you from the dealer. RayB

Thanks, Ray. A couple of years ago, I tried to get a best fit for the
3.92 and 26" tire combo (effective ~ 4.20 ratio) and parts guy (experienced)
couldn't come up with anything. I must not have asked the right questions
for him to surf his inventory database or the 44RE is the limiting factor :-)

I'm pretty sure I'm going to need 4.56 if I want to use my max. power in the
1/4 (peak hp now at 5600 without the new cam). Just need to nail the peak
down with the cam then work out the number of teeth I'll need. I'll get in
touch with you when I get it sorted out.

Bob