Re: A question of curriosity

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 28 2002 - 18:52:57 EST

Well,

 I Guess you could start by getting rid of the hood on race day or getting a
glass hood (if you dont already have one) also glass fenders. Then you could
remove all the air bag equipment and sensors. Next would be interior stuff
such as seats, stereo/speakers, also any cruise control equipment, A/C
compressor and condenser, super ultra thin front drag wheels/tires, front
bumper brackets could be replaced with home made ones, then focussing on the
rear you could get rid of the bed and have a custom aluminum flat bed made.
You could get it down to the weight you want but would have to sacrifice lots
of luxuries and safety features to do it. all the weight you lose in the rear
will be working against you when it comes to traction. My buddies R/T ran
better with the tailgate on and a cover than without the gate at all.
John S