Re: Bob Tom Scraps Dakota - Laws

From: Wayne (blowndakota@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 17:15:52 EST

First off, thank you Jon and everyone that backed me
up.

Second, I can’t help but think anyone that post
comments like those below to any automotive enthusiast
mailing list of any kind must be baiting. Be that as
it may, I am glad you can see the humor in my analogy
but I am sorry you are unable to understand it.

If this law or anything like would do anything to help
stop the deaths on the roads, it might be worth
considering. However, by your own statements, you
know blinking lights and a loud exhaust system (even
those with the fart tone) do not make a fast car nor
do they make them any more dangerous. In fact, maybe
one out of a hundred of these “Fast and Furious”
wannabes are able to wrench something together that
can run in the 15’s without nitrous. But still, one
of them could buy a completely stock Honda NSX or a
Subaru WRX that would be much faster (and I guess in
your eyes that equals more dangerous) then most stock
muscle cars, not to mention supercharged Dakotas or
Civics with large exhaust tips. This law would not
address that situation at all. The point you are
missing is that even the lightest and slowest car ever
produced is dangerous in the hands of an ill-equipped
or unskilled driver and therein lies the problem, the
driver.

As far as Canada’s laws and the light sentences these
killers receive, I think it is horrible, that you live
in a country where the law and the judicial system is
so powerless that someone who takes another’s life
receives such a minor punishment. Hopefully, someday
you and your fellow countrymen will be able to stand
up for all these slain innocents. In the US, specific
modifications in certain states are a class D felony
and have mandatory jail time.