Tapping noise?

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 17:26:07 EST

Ok, this is more on my Probe (yeah yeah yeah).. Once I got it put back
together, it's making a horrible tapping noise.... now, this was evident
beforehand, but not to this extent... Since the only thing I really ever
did was remove and put back the Rocker Arm Shaft Assemblies, I'm guessing it
must be these... I bolted them back on as tight as I thought was needed
(FSM didn't give torque specs), and it didn't feel like they were getting
tighter, so I stopped tightening... Maybe too much oil??? There is
maybe 1/2 qt too much in the system, and unfortunately, I do not have an oil
pan to drain the oil out into.... Anything else I might have missed????

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L