Re: street racing and daks

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 02:30:35 EST

Punch wrote:
> Hmm seems most don't like my views on this subject but, what about all the
> posts about spanking this ricer, killing this ford... these races aren't run
> on tracks their run on regular streets. with you "the regs" cheering them
> on in your post's, congratulating them and so on!

I think you're missing the big picture here.

Street racing is illegal. No question about it. And I don't think
anyone will disagree with you there.

But it's a very different situation when it's just you and the person
you're racing that are at risk vs. doing it in traffic with innocent
bystanders. If it's just you and the other guy, you both know what
you're getting into. You know it's illegal, you know it's dangerous.
When you're *in traffic* like those 3 guys were, it's a different story
- you're stupidly putting other people at great risk just to get your
rocks off.

I'd like to think most of us on the list know when is an inappropriate
time to engage in these activities. I've been known to take shots on
occasion - but not when there's traffic around, and not when I can't see
what's coming up on the road ahead of me.

When people start bragging about doing stupid things, they do get taken
to task around here. I recall one brain surgeon a couple years ago who
was proud of himself because he was pulling 100 MPH through residential
areas, blowing every stop sign and traffic light that whizzed by him. I
know several people ripped into him for that.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@yahoo.com -------------------------------------------- modesty, n.: Being comfortable that others will discover your greatness --------------------------------------------