Synthetic ATF, new questions

From: Michael/Suzanne Farich (farichms@westol.com)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 20:16:06 EST

Actually, some transfer cases are specified from the factory to use motor
oil. The '79 GMC that is replaced by the '99 Durango in our fleet was one.
Mid-late 70's GM full time 4WD cases were specified for motor oil, and part
time cases were specified for gear oil. Full time came with with automatic
trans and part time came with manual trans. Mike