Engine Problems

From: Terry Chaffin (birkenstock1981@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 01:59:08 EST

I have a 2001 Dodge Dakota Club Cab with the 4.7 V8.
I was driving home the other night and i stopped at a
red light a noticed a clicking noise coming from the
engine compartment.  I pulled to the side of the road
and popped the hood.  The clicking seemed to be coming
from a round object next to the battery (im not very
fluent in components but it is to the right of the
battery, right in front of the power accessories box
and has some cables coming from it).  When i touched
the top of it, it seemed to be vibrating.  Anyone who
can help please let me know.&