Re: Flamethrower exhaust

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 03:07:50 EST

At 01:26 AM 1/13/2003 -0600, you wrote:

>Not to sure about this.... Hmmmmmm Sounds like a easy way to get burned!!
>Just how much flow will you need coming out of the pipe so the flame will go
>more out then just up? Just take a look at your exhaust on a cold morning
>when at idle, That will be the same flow as the flame would have. And at a
>higher RPM is when it would shot out some what. Sounds like a great way to
>burn someone's calf! (not a baby cow)
>
>Dose sound like a good mod to play with and fun to install! I remember the
>Batmobile with the flame coming out the back of it. Now the Dakmobile!!
>
>Not trying to spoil anyone's fun but I see red flags all over this one ;-0
>Not to monitions the word "Ricey" comes to mind.

No kidding. It would look very cool, though... But I still wouldn't do
it. I think the idea is to pressurize whatever the flammable substance is
that you're burning so that it sprays out the pipe a foot or two. I guess
that would mean that the point at which the substance enters the pipe and
is ignited would have to be very, very close to the end of the
pipe. Imagine how tailgaters would react to that!

-Bill