Re: Xtang cover replacement?

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 06:45:39 EST

<snip> Anyone know if I can get a replacement cover for a 3 year old Xtang
cover
for my '97 Dak?

Troy,

Check accessconnect.com for the replacement cover. The replacement tarp is
$79.95. Just call them at 1-888-425-2885 and they should have it to you in
less than a week.

<snip> I am planning on purchasing an
Extang Black Max cover, what was the problem that you had and how do you
like your Extang cover?

Thanks.
Gregg
92 V6

I bought a Extang tool box tonno for my 98 RC this past summer and I love
it. I had to take the cover off on Thanksgiving day when it was about 20
degrees outside. Needless to say, I couldn't get it snapped back down
easily. Until I turned the snaps around to the winter position. Took about
5 minutes to rotate all the snaps on the side and tail rails and after
that, it snapped down just like normal. I read on the Extang website about
using their tonno tonic to maintain the cover. I also remember reading that
their tonno tonic is the same thing as 303 aero protectant. Thats the only
thing I've ever used on mine. Granted, its only been on the truck about 6-7
months, but the 303 keeps its looking like brand new. I bought mine from
accessconnect.com they had the best price and free shipping. A new Extang
Black Max is about $180.

HTH,

Ray Irons
Dover, DE