Re: Update to Starting Joy

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@directvinternet.com)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 22:01:26 EST

It may be something else but to rule out the starter here's a thought. Could
the starter have a dead spot in it? I have seen this in the past ('48 Ford
my father has it plagued by this) and the car wil start fine for a long time
until the starter lands on the dead spot. Then wholla' nothing or a
electrical binding sound if on the edge of it. If the car is in the air
someone tries to crank it while the other person gently taps the starter
with a hammer. Ususally this wil help get it past the dead spot and make it
start. Over time this will keepp getting worse until the vehicle no longer
starts. Just a thought.

Jeff Durling