Posting Problems

From: jsm@hardynet.com
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 16:21:44 EST

I know I'll probably catch some flack over this but here goes. Lately
I've noticed, what seems to me, an increase in the size of some
replies. Can anyone explain why it takes 50, 100, or more than 200
lines of quoted text, that covers five, six, seven or more messages,
to leave a one or two line response? Then to top it off (no pun
intended) the response is top posted so nobody has any idea what the
responder is replying to. Or why is it necessary to have a eight line,
or longer, signature file that adds absolutely nothing to the message?
Please take the time to read the recently posted message from Jon on
mailing list etiquette. Let's show a little consideration for those
that get the digest form and also make it easier for everyone to
follow what you're responding to. After all isn't that what the list
is all about? I will now return to my lurking mode and await all the
hate mail.

Steve