Re: Chicago Auto Show Meet??

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 21:57:45 EST

The only thing about going during the weekend and not a weekday, is that
on a weekend is when there are teh biggest crowds. Its not that bad
though... I've dealt with them before. But its a more relaxed
enviroment during a weekday. If anyone knows they won't be able to get
time off from work or what not - then in that case - I vote for the last
weekend. The first weekend is always a real real busy weekend. Last
weekend might not be as packed.

As for a meeting place, Gary, I was trying to figure out where we could
meet. I thought about Soldiers Feild - being that it is so close. But
with the reconstruction going on, I don't know if the lot is open or
not. And if memory serves - they typically use the lot for parking for
the auto show, and have shuttle bus to the door.

This is why I thought we should meet off site from the auto show. Some
place where we can all easily meet up. Where that is - I havn't figured
out just yet. Any other suggestions?

Gary Hedlin wrote:
> Well, I went to the auto show's website (www.chicagoautoshow.com) and got
> some info on the show.
>
> The show runs from feb 14-23. the 15th and 16th is one weekend, 22nd and
> 23rd is a weekend too. We'ld probably want to shoot for a weekend so more
> people can come.
>
> I think the best thing we can do is meet somewhere like solder feild parking
> lot, shoot the bull for a little bit, then walk over to mccormic place.
>
> Tickets are $10 each, and can be purchased before the show. If we get a
> deffinite amount of people to come, I can get the tickets before the meet.
>
> So I guess all we really need to do is set a date!
>

> Gary Hedlin

Terrible Tom

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa) Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/